This year, the International Day of Older Persons 2021 will provide a platform for multistakeholder dialogue and serve as a call to action. The #UNIDOP2021 will adopt a person centered, human rights approach to ensure digital equity including adequate policies, access, digital literacy and safety for individuals of all ages.
Objectives of #UNIDOP2021:
• To address digital availability, connectivity, design, affordability, capacity building, infrastructure, and innovation in the areas of public and private interests.
• To bring awareness of the importance of digital inclusion of older persons, while tackling stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination associated with digitalization taking into account sociocultural norms and the right to autonomy.
• To highlight policies to leverage digital technologies for full achievement of the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
• To explore the role of policies and legal frameworks to ensure privacy and safety of older persons in the digital world.
• To promote an intersectional person-centered human rights approach for a society for all ages taking into account existing/non-existing legal instruments in the field of digitalization.