The seminar will seek to explore the effect that library closures due to the pandemic had on children and how libraries have reacted.
Through online presentations from European speakers, we will learn what creative strategies of connecting young audiences and other digital outreach programmes librarians have come up with and the impact on children’s learning and development.
Seminar Chair & UK speaker: Carol Stump, Chief at Kirklees Library Service & President of Libraries Connected
Wednesday 3 November 2021
- Introduction by John Lake Eurolis Planning Group, UK
-Carol Stump Chief at Kirklees Library Service & President of Libraries Connected
- Leonie Hintz Head of Library at the Bücherhalle Barmbek, Hamburg, Germany
Wednesday 10 November 2021
- Julien Maréchal – Director of La Petit Bibliothèque Ronde, France
- Jan Brodowski, Krakow Library, Poland
- Mario Coffa – Librarian and Archivist, University of Perugia, Italy
Wednesday 17 November 2021
- Anna Cabré – Director of Innovation and Communication at Barcelona Libraries Consortium, Spain
- Ana Margarida Ramos -University of Aveiro – & Inês Vila -Libraries Service at Oporto Public Libraries
This third and last session will be concluded by a plenary session chaired by Carole Stump
Check out the Eurolis website for more details: https://eurolis.wordpress.com/