In this session we will take a deep dive into the Stringer Topo settings and migration tools, to empower you to convert your current Stringer Topo settings to the new system and to fully leverage the power of Stringing and COGO points.
Going beyond the introductory session, this session will focus on the setup and underpinning architecture of Stringer Topo:
- Explore String Code Sets to understand how breaklines and linework is managed
- Review Code Parameter controls to understand how to work with templates connected to strings and the flexibility in applying code parameters.
- Understand how COGO points are stored and managed in Stringer Topo and the support for any user defined point properties
- Create and manage point groups.
- Manage Point Formats to control point import and output formats as well as interpretation of the point description into Code/s and String number/s
- Set up and apply the Replace Code command to bulk replace point codes
- Understand the relationship between point groups and survey strings
- Civil 3D Users
o Understand how to link Stringer Topo operations to Civil 3D points to control point positions and codes
o Create User Defined Property fields for points, managed via the Stringer point property controls
o Review migration tools to convert current Stringer settings to the new settings
- Review how the Multi Symbols command works to create multiple user scaled blocks for trees
- Create Group Tables to control output of legend and other tables.
- Explore settings controls in Compare Report to analyse results and setup output to Excel