"Antiracism as a Cornerstone of Health Equity: An IDEAL Committee Fireside Chat with Ibram Kendi"
• Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 7:00 PM ET to 8:00 PM ET
• This webinar is hosted by AST's Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (to Life) [IDEAL] Committee
• Dr. Ibram X. Kendi is the Andrew W. Mellon Professor in the Humanities at Boston University and the founding director of the BU Center for Antiracist Research. He is a contributing writer at The Atlantic and a CBS News racial justice contributor. He has also produced five straight #1 New York Times bestsellers, including How to Be an Antiracist, Antiracist Baby, and Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You, co-authored by Jason Reynolds. In 2020, Time magazine named Dr. Kendi one of the 100 most influential people in the world. He was awarded a 2021 MacArthur Fellowship, popularly known as the Genius Grant.
• Burnett "Beau" Kelly, MD, MBA, FACS, FAST; DCI Donor Services, Sacramento, CA
• Martha Pavlakis, MD FAST, FASN; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA