Ahead of the 75th World Health Assembly, this High-Level virtual event aims to bring together key decision-makers and opinion leaders to: take stock of the global response and progress on NCDs, including recent outcomes from the International Strategic Dialogue on NCDs and SDGs held on 12th April 2022 in Ghana and WHO’s 2022 Noncommunicable Diseases Progress Monitor; promote the pathways and investments needed from governments to get back on track for SDG 3.4, including those from a new NCD Countdown 2030 paper; and, explore the policy implications of the syndemic of NCDs and COVID-19 for health security and pandemic preparedness and response, including current negotiations at the World Health Organization (WHO) on a pandemic treaty.
Moderated by Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief of The Lancet.
- Kwaku Agyemang-Manu, Minister of Health, Republic of Ghana
- Katie Dain, Chief Executive Officer, NCD Alliance
- Nicolai Haugaard, Senior Director, Acting Head of Global Access to Care, Novo Nordisk
- Adelard Kakunze, Programme Officer, Disease Control and Prevention Division, Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
- Precious Matsoso, Co-Chair, Intergovernmental Negotiating Body to draft and negotiate a WHO convention, agreement or other international instrument on pandemic prevention, preparedness and response
- Bente Mikkelsen, Director of NCD Department, Division for UHC/Communicable Diseases and NCDs, WHO
- Charity Muturi, member of Our Views, Our Voices Global Advisory Committee
- Leanne Riley, NCD Surveillance Lead, NCD Department, Division for UHC
- David Watkins, Assistant Professor, Division of General Internal Medicine and Department of Global Health, University of Washington
- Feng Zhao, Practice Manager, Strategy, Operations and Global Engagement, World Bank