Join us Tuesday, November 29th at 1:00 PM EST for a one-hour Zoom webinar in our series on the power and influence of politics in the fight for improved student outcomes and educational equity in America.
Voters sent a powerful message on November 8: They want schools to focus on educating our youth, not on extreme culture wars or woke policies. But while the “red wave” never materialized, neither did a blue one. Voters overwhelmingly supported increased school choice in many places, even forcing some Democrats in solid blue states to drop their opposition to charter schools and vouchers. What’s next for the education reform movement? Can the current political climate effect real improvements in public education, or will vested interests force our systems to return to their pre-pandemic status quo?
Panelists discussing this riveting topic include:
- Andy Rotherham, Virginia State School Board & Co-Founder Bellwether Education Partners
- Anya Kamenetz, Journalist and Author, "The Stolen Year"
- Michael Hartney, Hoover Fellow at the Hoover Institute, Stanford University and author, "How Policies Make Interest Groups: Governments, Unions and American Education"
- George Parker, Former Educator, Washington Teachers Union President and Senior Advisor National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
- Kevin Mahnken, Senior Writer, The 74 Million
Moderator: Tressa Pankovits, Co-Director of Reinventing America’s Schools Project
The webinar is part of a series co-sponsored by Reinventing America's Schools (RAS) Project and The 74.