The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) do more, faster by forging partnerships between CDC and others to fight threats to health and safety. In that spirit and as a part of the newly created CDC Foundation President’s Council, the CDC Foundation is partnering with CDC and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) to present an Industry Day Webinar on January 12, 2023, from 3:00pm to 4:30pm Eastern Time.
The Industry Day Webinar will precede the full event, CDC-ONC Industry Day: Accelerating Public Health Data Modernization through Public Private Partnerships, to be held on February 27-28, 2023. The purpose of Industry Day is to inform non-government organizations about CDC and ONC's plans for modernizing public health data and information systems to get better, faster, actionable insights for decision-making at all levels of public health. Potential industry partners in this effort are encouraged to attend.
At the Industry Day Webinar, CDC and ONC leaders will present their agencies' vision for data modernization and the value of multi-sector partnerships. Speakers will include leaders from ONC, the CDC Center for Forecasting and Analytics, the CDC Office of the Chief Information Officer and the CDC Deputy Director of Public Health Science and Surveillance.
1. Welcome & Introduction (CDC Foundation – Joe Gibson)
2. Data Modernization Overview (DDPHSS – Jen Layden)
3. Data Modernization Initiatives (DDPHSS & OCIO – Rishi Tarar)
4. Policies, Standards, and Technology (ONC –Ryan Argentieri )
5. Forecasting and Analytics (CFA – Dylan George)
6. Q & A (CDC Foundation – Joe Gibson)
7. Closing Remarks (CDC Foundation – Joe Gibson)