Medicare Savings Programs (MSPs) are state-administered programs that assist Medicare beneficiaries with limited incomes with their Medicare costs. MSPs pay for a beneficiary’s Medicare Part B premium ($170.10 per month in 2022) and also helps pay their Medicare prescription drug costs. On average, this vital benefit program can save an individual more than $7,000 annually in out-of-pocket Medicare costs.
After completing this training, you will be able to help your New York City clients apply for an MSP through the Medicare Rights Center. Enrollment staff will work with you to ensure your client’s application is processed correctly. Medicare Rights can submit your clients’ MSP applications directly to the New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA).
This training covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the MSP Deputization Project
- Brief overview of Medicare (Parts A, B, and D)
- Comprehensive overview of Medicare Savings Programs, including how to assist clients with MSP applications during the COVID-19 emergency period
- Overview of other Medicare cost-assistance programs
- Technical assistance resources for professionals