You are invited to attend a workshop to learn more about the California Earthquake Clearinghouse. The Clearinghouse facilitates the gathering and dissemination of post-earthquake information collected by scientists, engineers, sociologists, and economists conducting field investigations in the affected area. The Clearinghouse was most recently activated following the 2019 Ridgecrest Earthquake Sequence.
This two-hour virtual workshop will include presentations from the California Geological Survey, the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, and the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services. By attending this workshop, you will learn:
• How the clearinghouse works and when it is activated
• Who is involved in the Clearinghouse
• How field investigation information is collected and shared
• How the Disaster Service Worker Program applies to Clearinghouse volunteers
• What the Safety Assessment Program (SAP) is and how its mission differs from the Clearinghouse