On Wednesday, 9th February 2022, GIRFT and Faculty of Dental Surgery (FDS) at the Royal College of Surgeons will be co-hosting a webinar to share the findings and recommendations of the GIRFT national report for Hospital Dentistry.
The webinar will discuss how GIRFT’s recommendations can lead to better quality data in Paediatric Dentistry, including a wider coding review and ensure that the system supports clinical engagement and cooperation so that children are being seen in the most appropriate setting.
The webinar will also discuss how treatment planning for children is a key component of improving service delivery and care to children.
Liz Jones, GIRFT clinical lead and author of the report, and Matthew Garrett, dean of the FDS, will be joined by:
• Mrs Sarah McKaig, past president of the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry, consultant in Paediatric Dentistry at Birmingham Children’s Hospital and Birmingham Dental Hospital
• Professor Sondos Albadri, president of the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry, professor and honorary consultant in Paediatric Dentistry
• Dr Claire Stevens, consultant in Paediatric Dentistry at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
• James Spencer, Health Education England (HEE) postgraduate dental dean for Yorkshire and the Humber
• Rachael Nichol, regional community advisor for Health Education England for Yorkshire and the Humber