Taking Drupal Layout Builder to the Next Level: Leveraging Contrib Add-ons For Enhanced Site Building, Governance, and Theming
Presenter: Danny Englander - Senior Front-end Drupal Developer at Bixel Solutions
Since Layout Builder for Drupal came out a few years back, a very expansive ecosystem has developed around it with a huge variety of contrib modules. In this webinar, I will discuss the following:
- Layout Builder Styles - A Predefined select list of HTML classes which is ideal for content editors to add customization to components and Layout Builder sections
- Layout Builder Restrictions - Fine tune Layout Builder by restricting what content editors can and cannot add to the UI.
- Layout Builder Modal - Expands the block configuration sidebar into its own modal for easier editing.
- Layout Builder Library - Give your content editors a selection of predefined layouts to choose from via a select list.
- Layout Builder Component Attributes - A nice module for developers to add one-off classes, ids, and data attributes to Layout Builder blocks.
I will also demo a neat trick on how to add wrappers around fields in the Layout Builder UI. This comes in really handy for theming.
By the end of this webinar, participants should have a good handle on enhancing their Layout Builder sites with 3rd party contrib modules as well as other tips and tricks.