The WFEO Committee on Women in Engineering (WIE) will host the webinar "Female Retention and Leadership in Engineering" on 26th November 2021 - 12 pm CEST / 11 am WAT
In the global economy, engineers play a key role in the overall economic development for countries and regions. Unfortunately, the engineering sector is currently experiencing a huge skills gap, which continues to widen yearly.
The skills, talents, perspectives and capacities of females, particularly in the engineering and the technical sector, are not adequately mobilized nor optimized to be a part of the critical mass needed to bridge the gaps.
The WFEO-WIE, in partnership with various global organisations, is therefore hosting a series of short bi-monthly webinars (2 speakers including discussions for 30 minutes) on various topics around its Theme 1. Discussions are expected to stimulate exchange of ideas and examine problems/solutions from a female viewpoint.
- Attract. Retain. Promote. – A diverse and inclusive future generation of engineering technology talent
- Enhance a global network of Women in Engineering. Technology and STEM fields
• Host: Yetunde Holloway, Chair, WFEO Committee on Women in Engineering (WIE)
• Opening remarks: Dawn Bonfield, Deputy Chair, WIE and Chair of WIE Theme 4.
• Moderator: Leong Wai Yie, Chair of WIE Theme 1, IET Malaysia IR4.0 Technical Networks
Ania Lopez, Member of the WFEO Executive Council and Chair of WIE Theme 3 – Topic: Female engineers: attaining, maintaining and raising the bar,
Seema Singh, INWES Board Member (South Asia) and 2018-2020 Vice President (Education & Research) – Topic: Women in engineering: aspirations & constraints, threats and opportunities
• Closing Remarks: Enyonam Kpekpena, Manager, ICT PM Electricity Company of Ghana Ltd and Chair of WIE Theme 2
More info on https://bit.ly/3nz9R1M