Focus groups effectively gather in-depth information and a range of perspectives on a topic that is important but not well understood. Focus groups can assist treatment courts in better understanding the experiences of staff, participants, and community members. The NADCP Equity and Inclusion Toolkit includes organizing and conducting a focus group. This webinar will detail how to organize a focus group and how to conduct it.
By the end of the training session, team members will be able to:
1. Know who to invite, how many, and how to facilitate the discussion.
2. Know the role of the facilitator and where to hold the focus group
3. Know how to record the discussion and what to expect from the participants
4. Know how to formulate the discussion questions and length of time to hold the focus group
5. Know how to engage the individuals and how to analyze the discussion content and obtain useful results
This webinar is approximately 75 minutes.