Speakers: Julia Camps Herrero & Laia Bernet, Valencia/ES
Moderators: Heike Preibsch, Tübingen/DE & Valeria Romeo, Naples/IT
Date: Thursday, September 15, 2022
Time: 17:00-18:00 CEST
The programme of this webinar will cover the process of radiopathological correlation after neoadjuvant treatment, emphasizing the importance of a close collaboration between the radiologist and the pathologist in every step of the procedures.
It is aimed at breast radiologists and pathologists, radiology and pathology residents/juniors, medical or PhD students, nuclear medicine physicians or radiation therapists who want to improve their skills in:
– Understanding the concepts of multifocality/multicentricity of lesions
– Correlating imaging tests, specifically MRI, with macro- and microscopic findings
After watching the webinar, participants will be able to:
– Understand the importance of a close collaboration between radiologists and pathologists in order to adequately sample a post-neoadjuvant surgical specimen, both from conservative surgery and mastectomy, with the minimum expense, in terms of consumables as well as pathologist’s time (minimum number of blocks and minimum time).
– Document and understand photographically the findings of the pathology report.
– Provide a response to each of the alterations/injuries observed by imaging.
We are pleased to inform you that all webinars of the 3rd series (2022) have been granted 1 European CME credit (ECMEC®s) by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®).
More information: https://www.eusobi.org/breast-imaging-webinars/