On Thursday 25th November, GIRFT will be hosting a lunchtime webinar to share the findings and recommendations of the GIRFT national report for endocrinology and endocrine surgery.
Hosted by co-authors of the report Professor John Wass, GIRFT’s clinical lead for endocrinology, and Mark Lansdown, GIRFT clinical ambassador, the webinar will discuss how the report recommendations can help support the elective recovery and the national outpatient transformation programme.
We are delighted to welcome Professor John Newell-Price, and Radu Mihai, who will present on the growing evidence that consolidating thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal and pituitary surgery can lower the rate of complications, improve outcomes from surgery and reduce the length of time patients stay in hospital, which is especially important in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and the elective recovery.
We also welcome Antonia Brooke and Helen Doran to our discussion panel where senior clinicians will have the opportunity to discuss the current challenges and the potential impact of the report recommendations.
• Professor John Wass, GIRFT clinical lead for Endocrinology
• Mark Lansdown, GIRFT clinical ambassador
• Professor John Newell-Price, Professor of Endocrinology and Consultant Endocrinologist, University of Sheffield
• Radu Mihai – President of the British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons (BAETS), Oxford University Hospitals consultant in endocrine surgery
• Antonia Brooke, consultant endocrinologist at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• Helen Doran, consultant endocrine and general surgeon at Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust