Inspiring Change, Putting People First: Shaping Responsive Health Systems for people living with NCDs in the COVID-19 era
The regional dialogues will seek to discuss region-specific people centred approaches to address NCDs, ensuring UHC and leaving no one behind, in order to build back better and fairer from the COVID-19 pandemic. Discussions will into a broad consultative process contributing towards a Global Charter on Meaningful Involvement of People Living with NCDs that seeks to provide shared understanding of meaningful involvement, its importance, key principles and strategies for implementation and prompt commitment from governments, multilaterals, relevant private sector and civil society to embed meaningful involvement of people living with NCDs in organisational practices.
Approach and objectives
- By convening representatives from across different sectors including development agencies, governments, multilaterals, people living with NCDs, NCDA member organisations including national and regional NCD alliances, private sector and other key regional stakeholders, the regional multistakeholder dialogue in the LAC region will aim to:
- Take stock of progress achieved on NCDs and challenges faced at the regional level in the current COVID-19 context;
- Discuss the value of adopting people-centred approaches to address NCDs and explore the role that different stakeholders such as governments, multilaterals, relevant private sector and civil society can play;
- Highlight successful models and initiatives that have put people first, helped further the NCD response and created social impact for communities;
- Facilitate the development of a common vision and a shared purpose across sectors and stakeholders, acknowledging their different drivers and potential enablers to embed meaningful involvement of PLWNCDs in organisational practices.