The virtual conference aims to identify and analyse the main impacts of COVID-19 on entrepreneurs in the Western Balkan, their reactions, as well as the support they have received to face the current situation. Discussions will provide an opportunity for an intermediate impact assessment of the disruption, would help to identify a set of priority policies and measures for immediate basic re-opening measures for small business-owners, in order to facilitate resurgence, and also develop a longer-term social and economic recovery strategy where entrepreneurship play a central role leaving no one behind.
10:00 – 10:10
10:10 – 10:40
Panel discussion: Post Covid-19 strategies for entrepreneurship
- What fragilities in the entrepreneurship and MSMEs ecosystem has Covid-19 exposed?
- What are the key challenges entrepreneurs and MSMEs have been facing during the Covid-19 pandemic?
- What are the immediate priorities for start-up and MSMEs recovery?
- What policies can governments implement to promote resilient entrepreneurship?
- Mr. Vladimir Gjorgjevski, Head of Local Branch Office Skopje at RYCO
- Mrs. Petra Balazic, Political Advisor at Regional Cooperation Council
10:40 – 11:00
Panel session "Tools for supporting youth entrepreneurship in the Western Balkan"
- Advocacy Toolkit for youth entrepreneurship in times of Covid-19
- Western Balkan Youth Entrepreneurship Alliance
11:00 – 11:30
Good practices by civil society organizations for supporting young entrepreneurs in times of Covid-19 in the Western Balkan
* National Platform for Women Entrepreneurship - Association of Business Women (North Macedonia)
* Startup Studio - Foundation Mozaik (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
* Kinfolk Coffee Library - Albanian Education Foundation (Albania)