Reviews are second only to university websites for their influence on student decisions. In fact, they are even ahead of the virtual open day and peer-to-peer platforms that have become a staple of the university marketing stack.
Why? Authenticity. They are published independent of campaigns, messaging and branded content.
Yet, reviews are often left to their own devices. Sure, we all gleam the occasional nugget of insight from Google, but if word of mouth is truly the most powerful form of marketing, surely we should be paying extra attention to the student voices publishing their thoughts for free?
It’s time to rethink the use of reviews in higher education marketing. In this session, you’ll learn:
- Why reviews are the ultimate form of marketing authenticity
- How other universities are using reviews in their marketing
- How reviews play into the emerging area of dark social
- Where to focus your efforts to generate good reviews
- How reviews apply across the recruitment funnel
- The art of generating qualitative insights at scale
- How to influence word-of-mouth conversations