Laboratory Quality Management System Webinar Series
We are pleased to host the Laboratory Quality Management system webinar series. It is a three-part webinar series that will focus on the process management, management of non-confirming events and laboratory assessments.
Part II. Webinar on Laboratory assessments
Thursday, September 8, 2022, 2:30-4:00 pm ICT
Laboratory assessments refer to the use of external and internal monitoring
and evaluations to verify that laboratory processes meet the set requirements. They serve as important tools for determining the effectiveness of a laboratory’s quality management system and to ensure the highest level of accuracy and reliability of laboratory tests results.
The webinar on ‘Laboratory assessments’ will be an interactive session focusing on the types, purpose and benefits of laboratory assessments, characteristics of effective quality indicators and reviewing laboratory certification and accreditation
Learning objectives of the session:
After completing the webinar, participants will be able to:
• Describe the different types of assessments and their applications
• Describe the key elements of an internal audit program
• Define, develop and use quality indicators for laboratory improvement
• Describe how assessment results can guide improvement actions
• Differentiate between certification, accreditation and licensure
• This webinar will be informational and beneficial to Quality Officers, Laboratory Managers, Laboratory Technologists and Scientist who are formally implementing a QMS in their respective institutions