As in many other countries in the region, Ghana is seeing accelerated adoption of mobile and digital technologies. This brings huge potential to improve both the financing and delivery of healthcare and to contribute towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC) by extending care to those who were previously excluded.
This symposium brings together stakeholders from Ghana’s public and private healthcare sectors to discuss the current challenges and opportunities for digital health technology in Ghana. Why have some digital innovations been more successful than others, and what strategies or partnerships are needed in order to leverage the full potential of these technologies for UHC?
The event will be held in Accra, Ghana and will include a high-level panel discussion and speeches, as well as a demonstration of digital health products. It is organized by PharmAccess Foundation Ghana, together with the Healthcare Federation of Ghana and supported by the Transform Health Coalition.
• HON. Nana Ayew Afriye, Chairman Parliamentary select committee on health (guest of honor)
• Dr. Lydia Dsane-Selby, CEO National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) Ghana
• Dr. Peter Yeboah, Executive Director, Christian Health Association of Ghana (CHAG)
• Dr. Philip Bannor, Registrar, Health Facilities Regulatory Agency (HeFRA)
• Dr. Lynda Decker, Vice Chairperson/ CEO of Health Care Federation of Ghana
• Ing. Dr Kenneth Ashigbey, CEO Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications
• Mr. Derrydean Dadzie, CEO, The Heritors People
• Dr. Maxwell Antwi, Country Director, PharmAccess Foundation Ghana (Host)
*This event is held physically in Accra, Ghana and will be streamed online via Zoom and Facebook.