Across Ireland, community groups are exploring ways to collectively create their own homes together.
Community-Led Housing is a ground-up approach which enables groups of people to pool their assets and collective resources to create homes and communities which meet their particular needs in a sustainable manner.
Supported by The Housing Agency, The Land Development Agency, Ó Cualann Cohousing Alliance and the Goethe Institut Irland, SOA Research initiated and coordinated a 12-month multi-stakeholder research project to roadmap a Community-Led Housing infrastructure for Ireland.
Stakeholders in the project included eight CLH groups from counties across Ireland, policy-makers, local authorities, state and private sector financial bodies, housing practitioners and professionals, along with expertise from other European countries.
The resulting publication, ‘Roadmapping a Viable Community-Led Housing Sector for Ireland,’ comprises a series of handbooks on the subject of Community-Led Housing, offering guidance in the areas of Policy, Finance, Land and ‘Getting Your Group Ready’.
This webinar will launch the publications and feature contributions from a range of expert speakers:
- Rosie Lynch, Nimble Spaces / Inclusive Neighbourhoods in Callan, Co Kilkenny
- Sorcha Edwards Secretary General of Housing Europe
- Rory O'Donnell former Director of the National Economic & Social Council
- Sallay Garnett (Loah) & Brian Dillon ARTHOUSE Cooperative, greater Dublin area.
- John O'Connor, Chief Executive Officer, The Housing Agency
- Padraig Flynn and Tom O'Donnell, Co-Directors, SOA Research CLG