Join leaders from the National Institutes of Health and The Children’s Inn at NIH for an insightful conversation about health equity in pediatric clinical research. Learn about why diversifying clinical research can improve health outcomes.
This session will provide a general overview of these topics as well as specific insights into how the NIH and The Children’s Inn address health equity in extramural and intramural research as well as in the programs and services provided by The Inn. Throughout the event, participants will hear from NIH leaders and researchers, members of congress, Inn leaders and families.
• Nikita Curry, Supervisor, Office of Patient Recruitment, NIH
• Michele Kipke, Ph.D., Professor of Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Co-Director, Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute, USC and Vice Chair, Research & Division Chief, Children's Hospital Los Angeles
• Jennie Lucca, CEO, The Children’s Inn at NIH
• Beth Maloney, Children’s Inn Board Member
• Cathy Morales, Chief Programs and Services Officer
• Eliseo J. Pérez-Stable, M.D., Director, National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities, NIH
• Rep. Lauren Underwood (IL-14), United States House of Representatives