In this webinar, presenter Hersch Wilson will discuss how firefighters can emotionally prepare for difficult calls and how we can “bounce back” from the bad ones. The webinar is interactive to encourage participants to share their own best practices.
• Understand the importance of mental health in firefighting
• Learn the six factors for building resilience
• Discuss ways to instill resilient practices in departments
• Discuss ways to “bounce back” from difficult calls
• Discuss the responsibilities of officers in helping firefighters manage through the short and long term implications
• Remember the goal: Physically and mentally healthy firefighters