The Power of the Microbiome: Can it be unlocked to break the cycle of recurrent Clostridioides difficile infection (CDI)?
Wednesday, March 30, 2022
3:00p Pacific / 4:00p Mountain / 5:00p Central / 6:00p Eastern
* Understand the role of the microbiome in overall health
* Explore the relationship between the gut microbiome and Clostridioides difficile infection (CDI)
* Review the risk factors and pathobiology of CDI
* Assess the current burden of CDI and recurrent infection
* Evaluate the current management of CDI and the potential of microbiome-based therapeutics
Teena Chopra, MD, MPH, FACP, FIDSA, FSHEA
Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Corporate Medical Director, Infection Prevention, Epidemiology, and Antibiotic Stewardship, DMC and WSU Director, Infection Prevention, Epidemiology and Antibiotic Stewardship, Vibra Hospital
Sponsored by a grant from Ferring Pharmaceuticals
This program is not pre-approved for continuing education credits.
This program will not be recorded.