The biology of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) can lead to an atypical response to rewards—which translates into prominent motivation deficits for many youths with the disorder.
This webinar will discuss how to maximize the motivation of young people with ADHD. We will discuss why motivation is often impaired by ADHD and what educators can to do support and empower youth who struggle with motivation.
Upon completion of this webinar you will be able to:
• Discuss communication strategies that increase youth follow-through
• Explain how to convert natural interests into productive educational and career paths
• List tips to enhance educational productivity and engagement
• Summarize the relationship between environmental fit and ADHD severity
• Determine whether rewards are an effective motivation strategy for ADHD
This webinar is provided by CHADD’s National Resource Center on ADHD and is supported by Cooperative Agreement Number NU38DD005376 funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).