Date: Wednesday 15 June 2022
Cost: Free for all
• Dr Lauren Knussen, School of International Studies and Education, Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences (FASS), University of Technology Sydney
• Dr Vicki Cameron, Chief Education Officer, PeopleBench, Building Better School Workforces
• Kathryn Taylor, Director of Wellbeing Australia and Turning Point Consulting
• Timothy Watson, Principal, Northern Beaches Christian School
• Phillip Heath, Head of Barker College
Given that teachers have the greatest in school impacting student outcomes and school leaders have the second greatest impact, building and retaining the best possible school workforce becomes paramount. Developing a deliberate future focused School Workforce Strategy is likely to facilitate building and retaining the best possible school workforce. Generally, a school Workforce Strategy would be informed by the school context, strategic direction, and school workforce data. Ultimately this provides a structure and justification for staffing decisions. In the current local and international context, intentional and impactful teacher and school leader wellbeing programs would be integral in a school Workforce Strategy to contribute to staff retention.