The Finance for Biodiversity (F4B) Initiative and the Food System Economics Commission (FSEC) are pleased to invite you to a virtual panel exploring how food and finance can be better aligned to deliver an inclusive, healthy, and environmentally sustainable food system.
Panellists & moderator
• Jean-Paul Adam, Director for Technology, Climate Change and Natural Resources Management, United Nations Economic
Commission for Africa
• Izabella Teixeira, Co-Chair of the International Resource Panel, Former Environment Minister of Brazil
• Mattia Romani, Head of Sustainability, Autonomy Capital
• Simon Zadek, Chair, Finance for Biodiversity (F4B)
• Megan Rowling, Climate Correspondent and Editor, Thomson Reuters Foundation (Moderator )
Ahead of the UN Food Systems Summit, F4B and FSEC are bringing together a panel of leading experts to discuss the nexus between food and finance and how best to harness global finance in the transition to a sustainable food system. The panel will focus on the questions below.
• Why today's global food system is fundamentally unviable, and why a transition is inevitable
• The ways in which the food system - already in transition to some extent - is increasingly shaped by financial flows
• How financialisation is needed, and can be shaped, to deliver a sustainable, affordable and healthy food system.
• How to get financialisation right, using four key levers
• The potential and impacts of technological developments such as alternative proteins and soilless agriculture
• Discussing the potential disrupting consequences from a shift to a more sustainable system, and why there is inertia to change in the food value chain