Laboratory Quality Management System Webinar Series
We are pleased to host the Laboratory Quality Management system webinar series. It is a three-part webinar series that will focus on the process management, management of non-confirming events and laboratory assessments.
Part III. Webinar on Management of Nonconforming Events
Tuesday, 18 October 2022, 2:30-4:00 pm ICT
Management of nonconformities is one of the essential elements of the QMS. Nonconformities can occur anywhere within a laboratory’s path of workflow, and may have negative consequences for accreditation, patient care, stakeholder relationships and safety.
This webinar will be an interactive session focusing on identifying and addressing nonconforming events through root cause analysis and reviewing differences between preventive action, remedial action, and corrective action
Learning objectives of the session:
After completing the webinar, participants will be able to:
• Describe nonconforming events (NCE) and list examples
• Outline the nonconforming event management program and process
• Investigate the cause of the nonconforming events using root cause analysis tools
• Explain the difference between preventive action, remedial action, and corrective action
• This webinar will be informational and beneficial to Quality Officers, Laboratory Managers, Laboratory Technologists and Scientist who are formally implementing a QMS in their respective institutions
• Dr. Abdoulaye Nikiema, PharmD, MSc, Senior Laboratory & QMS Specialist, IQLS
• Dr. Shruti Malik, M.D., MPH, International Laboratory Specialist, IQLS