The second webinar in this series reviews the basic datasets most common to analysis and specifically dives into the formats and structures of data from Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Records Management (RMS) and related crash report modules to explain how data from reports is stored, managed and most easily accessed in ways that will support analysis.
1. Identify the different types of data needed for crime analysis.
2. Describe the analysis process.
3. Describe the purposes and differences between CAD and RMS data.
4. Identify critical data elements and data structures.
5. Outline crime definitions as dictated and structured by the FBI