The reality of the personal injury practitioner is that while we know the juries will award seven figure verdicts in catastrophic injury cases, the truth is we simply don’t have that many of those, and we need to know how to routinely obtain seven-figure verdicts out of what would otherwise be six-figure cases. These are trial pointers on how to get those results from a practitioner who has been doing it for 30 years, has a trial record of 231 wins - 15 losses, and routinely brings in verdicts of $2 million-$5 million in cases that other practitioners obtain verdicts in fractions of those amounts.
1. Obtaining necessary commitments in jury selection
2. How to deliver the most powerful opening statement possible
3. The most underrated part of any jury trial — Re-direct Examination
4. How to most powerfully relate to the jury without pandering to it
5. Taking the “weaknesses“ of any case (gaps in treatment, low property damage, pre-existing conditions, etc.) and not only neutralizing them, but turning them into legitimate strengths
6. The magic in cross-examining the defense expert
7. How to kill it in a very brief initial closing and saving the kill shots for rebuttal closing